Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Trip to Georgia!

Brian holding baby Kolton

Abby with her Aunt Jamie and cousin Kitty


Kierstin, Jessica, Kitty, and Jamie just hanging out


Gage and Kristi would take turns pushing her in the car. She loved it!


Abby and her cousin Griffin and Gage Clark

Abby and her cousin Ashlee Nelson from Utah

Abby with Papa and Boo Boo



Everyone just having a great time in the pool

Abby was about done at this point



Brian and Taylor my nephew riding in the Razor

Abby cruising in her favorite ride


This weekend we surprised my side of the family and made a trip down to good ole Jesup,Georgia. The reason it was a surprise is my sister Jessica was having her son Kolton blessed at church and my sister Jennifer's son Griffin was getting baptized. Also my sister Jamie and my nieces Ashlee and Kitty and my nephews Taylor and James were visiting from Utah. The nieces and nephews from Utah hadn't seen Abby yet so we were excited. My brother Jason and his family weren't able to come this year but maybe next year.


It is a 8 hour drive down to Jesup so we left after Brian got of work on Friday and we finally got to my parents house about 3:30 in the morning on Saturday. Say the least we were wore out but Abby did great. Saturday morning everyone was going over to Jessica's house to work on the shrimp for the low country boil so we showed up and it was a great reunion. After we got done with the shrimp we went to see one of my friends from high school, Maggie Kicklighter Yoder. She is due in about 5 weeks with her first so we dropped off a present and visited for a little while. We then went out to Jennifer's house and swam. Abby had fun playing with her cousins in the pool. Then that night we all went to Pizza Inn which is an all you can eat pizza buffet in Jesup.


On Sunday Kolton's blessing and Griffin's baptism went great. We had some more family come into town from Savannah. After church we all went over to Jennifer's house to enjoying some low country boil and boiled peanuts. For those that don't know what a low country boil is it is a combination of red potatoes, shrimp, sausage, and corn on the cob along with Cajun spices. It is amazing! There was allot of eating along with socializing. Two things that southern people love to do! We left on Monday around 10:30 so we could miss the heavy traffic in Atlanta. We had such a great time it was really hard to leave. I have such an amazing family and am so blessed. I look forward to the next time we can all get together!

3 comments:

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

That's awesome you got to go to Georgia! I can't beleive how old Kitty has gotten! Has it really been that long since I last saw those guys?? Dang, I'm old.

Justin and Coralie said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how big Jennifer's boys are! They are so dang cute!!! I babysat Griffin and Gage when Griffin was probably 2. We were dancing to the Wiggles. Haha. What cute boys they are. It looks like y'all had such a fun trip. I do miss some low country boils and Jesup. Aww...

Stacey said...

What a fun trip! Goodness, we really need to make those shrimp bowls sometime....man that sounds good. I LOVE shrimp.